Hey Boos! Taking care of your hair can be as simple or complicated as you want it to be. As a mom adding more heads to the wash day line up can be overwhelming as well. With some planning you can take the tears out of wash day and watch you and your family's hair flourish. Below I have listed 10 Simple Steps to Better Haircare.
Look for something that helps with whatever your hair needs like moisture, protecting, clarifying etc.
- Start off with a good shampoo and conditioner that suits your hair type.
I like to use a deep conditioner instead of a regular conditioner when I wash my hair.
- Use a deep conditioner or hair mask once a week to nourish and strengthen your hair.
I usually trim once every season, so about 4 times a year.
- Regularly trim split ends to prevent further damage.
- Use a wide-toothed comb to detangle wet hair and a brush for dry hair.
Make sure the hair tools you use are appropriate for what you're doing to your hair.
- Protect your hair from sun damage by wearing a hat or using a UV-protecting spray.
Hair ages just like skin. So, it is important to include protection from the sun in your regimen.
- Avoid using heated styling tools too frequently and always use a heat protectant spray.
If you are intent on rocking your natural hair texture, keep in mind excessive heat will chance your curl pattern no matter how much heat protection you use.
- Limit washing your hair to one to two times a week.
For length retention the less hair manipulation the better.
- Use a leave-in conditioner to keep your hair soft and hydrated.
Use something light and hydrating.
- Give your scalp a massage with essential oils to promote healthy hair growth.
A good scalp massage with increase blood flow to your hair follicles and promote healthy hair growth.
- Eat a healthy diet that includes plenty of protein, vitamins, and minerals.
A complete diet and nutrition will complement healthy hair growth.
You can follow all of these steps or pick a handful to start off with and you will see a change with consistency. You got this boo!